CAPE ELIZABETH, Maine—The Southern Maine Community College Foundation and the SeaWolves Athletic Club teamed up to host the 15th annual SMCC Athletics Golf Tournament at Purpoodock Golf Club on Tuesday, June 18.
Presented by Sodexo Dining Services, the event featured a full field of 123 golfers and a best-ball format beginning at 9 a.m. Stationed amongst the course were numerous specialty holes to include prizes at the Vegas Hole, putting contest, longest drive, closest to the pin, and four par-three holes. Following the round was an awards ceremony and luncheon catered by the events staff at Purpoodock.
Congratulations to our winning teams and specialty hole winners:
1st Place (51- 21 under par)
2nd Place (52- Match Card)
3rd Place- Sodexo (52)
Par 3 Contests
Closest to the Pin
All of the proceeds raised at the event will help fund the SMCC Athletics Department in its continuous effort to better the student-athlete experience.
Director of Athletics and Tournament Director Matt Richards reflected, “A huge thank you to the gracious staff at Purpoodock, our volunteers and participants, and to all of our sponsors for making this year’s event another success. The SeaWolves Athletic Club is grateful for all of the support received from the community—this to help fulfill our mission of providing the student-athletes of SMCC with a positive athletics experience.”
Thank you to all of our sponsors who helped make the 15th annual another success!
- Sodexo Dining Services- who are dedicated to making every day a better day at Southern Maine Community College. Sodexo serves more than 10 million customers daily and is a leading provider of food and facility management services in 80 countries worldwide.
- Aspen Dental
- Best Western Merry Manor Inn
- New Gen Hospitality Management
- Pepsi Bottling Group
- ServPro of Maine
- South Portland House of Pizza
- V.I.P. Tour & Charter Bus Company
- Anton LeMieux Financial Group
- Aspen Dental
- Back in Motion Physical Therapy
- Biddeford Savings Bank
- Burns Fencing
- Coast Line Credit Union
- Cross Insurance
- Eastern Excavation, Inc.
- Ethos Marketing
- General Fitness Services
- Gordon Food Service
- Glidden Roofing
- Gymnasium Floors Inc.
- H.E. Callahan Construction
- Merchants Fleet Management
- One Stop Event Rentals
- Performance Foodservice
- Pine Tree Waste
- Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution